ʟᴀʏᴏᴜᴛ ʙʏ © ᴍ ᴏ ᴄ ʜ ᴀ

Destination Unknown

Welcome to my blog.



Intro

Personal blog of Yuuiki.
May be filled with random crap. musings, daily life, gaming.
Loves: Gackt, Kalafina, Jessie J, gaming, spicy stuff. Dislikes: Sweets, stupidity



Tagboard



Twitter

Layout by TKH | Background from Ixora

AFAMY Day 1

My doki doki adventure time (LOL) started on the 8th of June. Cherry blossoms flew down the path that I walked on... and now I'm just bullshitting ha.

I skipped my class that day to head over to Kuala Lumpur, a day before Anime Festival Asia (AFA). It would be the first one I've attend. Let's not go over the details of that few hours I spent in KL with my dear Evon~

Anyways went over to the hotel Weiss' staying at early in the morning and the both of us walked to PWTC's back entrance only to find out they won't allow us through there and we had to use the main entrance. So it was a HUGE detour as the place is pretty big. Anyways we got in the hall and we had to use our Anisong tickets to claim the Festival+Stage tickets. Just look at the crowd in queue behind Weiss and I.

After we had to walk past a bridge or so to get to the Tun Razak Hall where the festival is held.
♥ Kalafina! We were on the bridge at that time.

Then at the hall itself...
I went to the Mirai booth and took some photos there.
 




Then walked around and took more figure photos actually.
Which you can actually see on my Facebook, I've just made that album public.
Click on this to go to the Facebook album

Then after I bought a Saber figure (My precious Saber *-*) Weiss and I were wondering whether we should head over to the butler or the maid cafe.
In the end, we decided on the maid cafe~ (This part will have a 'special' for the blog readers cause there's one particular photo that I did not post on Facebook.
 Weiss waiting in line at 10.40am. Our queue was about... 3 lines long at that time.
 When we came out. LOOK AT THE FREAKING CROWD!! Thank god we started queuing early.
It actually took us 3 hours and 15 minutes of queuing to get in the Moe Moe Kyun Cafe.
A small review is that, they take pretty long as I guess they didn't have that many maids in there and each 'customer' needed some time to be served. That's why so many people were left queuing for such long tedious hours. There were some a-holes that kept cutting in line which pissed a fair amount of people off. Funny thing, when Weiss and I were close to getting in, we heard a few crazed fangirls of the butlers saying that no girls would go to the maid cafe and it was meant for those guy otakus drooling over the maids, but then they saw both us GIRLS standing in line... so they just shut up. HA. They also jumped around like the type of girl that has never seen a guy before in her life. Over-hyped?

Anyways after getting in the MMK cafe, we had to order and pay first before seated. The prices were pretty steep. RM25 for spaghetti/curry rice/omelette rice with a cup of coffee/tea, RM19.90 for brownie/velvet cake with a cup of coffee/tea, RM5 for canned soft drinks. I only wanted to experience being in the cafe so didn't bother to order anything to eat, got a coke. Weiss got the brownie set.
When the food/drinks came, we had to do some sort of MOE MOE KYUN ritual, which I'd like to forget and shall not talk about from now on. So on to the taste of the food... it was too sweet for us. The coffee Weiss had was already cold so the creamer and sugar had a hard time melting into the drink. Of course there's nothing to review about the coke. The service from the maids were actually good, just that the foods and beverages could have been better for the price.
As proof of going to the cafe, I requested a photo to be taken with a maid (for a price of RM10!). We could choose the maid of our choice to have our photos taken together. So I stood there thinking who to take a picture with and chose Kiyo in the end, cause 1. she had twin tails! 2. she was the most HYPER one there haha.
Here's the fun part, the maids usually ask what pose do you prefer when taking the photo. Most people would just say they don't know so it ends up with 3 types FOR EVERY SINGLE PERSON.
1. The two people joining hands to become a heart shape pose.
2. The double peace symbol.
3. The nyaaa pose.
Weiss gave me an interesting proposal to 'entertain' the maid with something different as they've been doing those 3 poses the whole day. She challenged me to do either a fusion pose (from Dragon Ball) or a henshin (transformation) pose from any series that uses it.
CHALLENGE ACCEPTED.
PHOTO PROOF BELOW.
Must say the maid's pretty cute hur hur.

After the doki doki adventure in the maid cafe, I missed Danny Choo's talk (which was at 2pm). The time we left the cafe it was like 2.30pm+? I think. So I accompanied Weiss cause she was getting changed to her cosplay outfit~

When we went back in the hall, a really big crowd surrounded the Mirai booth (which was close to the entrance) and I wondered what was happening there. DANNY CHOO WAS THERE. So I dumped Weiss and ran over to get an autograph hahaha. Lots of his fans were so rude! They kept pushing and cutting in queue and asks for more than one autograph.

 Saw Danny along with his father JIMMY CHOO there taking photos for the press.

Danny signing some autographs for his fans.
I stood in front of him for some time but the others kept pushing in front of me that I didn't get the chance to hand him my book to sign. *sigh* and I was getting frustrated as Danny had an interview so he had to leave at that moment. But since he's such a nice guy, he pointed at me and took the book and signed it for me! Thank you sooo much! Even took some time to take a photo before leaving for the interview. *last person to get the picture YES.
Signing my Moleskine book *-* and a photo whee
His signature.

So after getting his autograph, I left there a happy girl. Then I eyed Jimmy Choo there with his FOUR bodyguards. I'm sure a lot didn't dare approach him for a photo but he's also a nice guy it seems and I asked if I could take a picture with him and he agreed. 
I GOT TO MEET JIMMY CHOO. *dies*
As a designer I'm sure it's amazing to meet any other world famous designers, fashion, editorial, whatsoever.

Nothing much happened after, looked at more figure booths. The event itself was actually slightly dull as there's only figure booths and anime souvenirs. But still pretty nice to look around.
After I went to queue for the concert, which was the main highlight of the WHOLE DAY for me, and a lot of other festival-goers.

Only took one photo when I got in. The stage was beautiful actually. And the sound system was really good. I'm impressed by the crowd control and the setup. But I'll leave that for another separate post as this is getting much too long.

I ♥ Anisong - The concert stage

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

Leave a comment here or the chatbox.



« Older posts | Newer posts »