ʟᴀʏᴏᴜᴛ ʙʏ © ᴍ ᴏ ᴄ ʜ ᴀ

Destination Unknown

Welcome to my blog.



Intro

Personal blog of Yuuiki.
May be filled with random crap. musings, daily life, gaming.
Loves: Gackt, Kalafina, Jessie J, gaming, spicy stuff. Dislikes: Sweets, stupidity



Tagboard



Twitter

Layout by TKH | Background from Ixora

Painted Skin 畫皮

Last week I went to watch Painted Skin The Resurrection (otherwise known as Painted Skin 2) but the movie has pretty much nothing to do with the first movie.
This post isn't exactly a review? I guess it's just to say what I felt about the movie.

The first movie's poster and the second.

I waited until I watched the first movie before writing this post so I could actually do a little comparison. The second was definitely superior compared to the first.

The first and second movie retained 3 main casts (the same roles too) but better written.

For the first movie, I felt it was tad boring. Generic storyline too. You can read the plot on Wikipedia. Anyway, I thought Zhao Wei's role as Peirong was very weak in this movie. I didn't quiet understand why she succumbed so easily to Xiaowei and even backed down and offered her Wang Sheng. Calls herself a demon and wants everyone to kill her? I really didn't get it.
The only twist was that Xiaowei understood that Wang Sheng could never love her the way he loved Peirong. She eventually gave up and saved everyone. Which you don't see that much with demons involved now eh?

The only relation of the first and second movie was that Xiaowei was trapped for 500 years because she broke the rules of the demon world and helped humans, where in the first movie she used her own life to save the people that were killed in the cave. 

In this second movie, Zhao Wei took the role of Princess Jing. Not just any normal stay at home and be pretty princess, but a kickass princess clad in armor. Zhou Xun retains her role of Xiaowei in this movie and Chen Kun as Huo Xin. 
I couldn't say the storyline was stronger in a sense but the scenes were definitely better written that managed to show how talented the actors were in it. I was definitely impressed by Zhao Wei and Zhou Xun's role in the movie. Even though Zhou Xun as Xiaowei is basically the same as the first movie, she was very much more attractive/seductive here. She gave me awesome goosebumps. Other than that, I like how the movie sort of focused on the link between Princess Jing and Xiaowei while maintaining the love storyline of the Princess and Huo Xin. I have to praise Zhao Wei's acting when she(Princess Jing) 'switched skins' with Xiaowei as the demon. From the fiery princess she became a cold, seductive fox demon in the princess' skin. 

Both movies had pretty good endings :] I'd definitely recommend watching the second one.

Labels: , , ,

Leave a comment here or the chatbox.



« Older posts | Newer posts »