ʟᴀʏᴏᴜᴛ ʙʏ © ᴍ ᴏ ᴄ ʜ ᴀ

Destination Unknown

Welcome to my blog.



Intro

Personal blog of Yuuiki.
May be filled with random crap. musings, daily life, gaming.
Loves: Gackt, Kalafina, Jessie J, gaming, spicy stuff. Dislikes: Sweets, stupidity



Tagboard



Twitter

Layout by TKH | Background from Ixora

Spring 2012 Anime!

Here is a list of the animes I picked up for Spring 2012 (which most have ended already). I'll post up a Summer 2012 list when I've watched more episodes as one episode isn't enough to decide how it is.

In this post, I'll just write short thoughts about each of them.


  1. Hyouka :: I actually dropped the anime after one episode. But my friend Balance said that it was a series that he enjoyed watching, especially with classical music involved, I gave it another go. Due to the lack of time I've only watched 6 episodes so far but I did like it. I'd recommend it for people that likes mysteries and working your brain out ahaha. 
  2. Tasogare Otome x Amnesia :: This series was actually disappointing for me. I finished it just because I've already watched about 9 episodes and there was only 12. It started off pretty well but after some episodes, it got really boring for me. Episode 10 though was probably more interesting compared to the rest. I wouldn't recommend this anime unless you're into supernatural/mystery animes.
  3. Aquarion EVOL :: I dub this the cheesiest anime of the season! Cheesy good though. I actually enjoyed it (ha). Though I have to admit I didn't like the 2 main girls in this anime, they annoy me. But the rest of the cast were alright, it's amusing and it has mecha in it! (Mecha always a plus in my book). A little spoiler, just to tell you how cheesy it is... The machine (also known as Aquarion) was called Aquarion EVOL, where it involved the main character having a union with the another female and a male. In its final form it became Aquarion LOVE (opposite spelling of EVOL) LOL. It is THAT cheesy. I'd recommend watching this anime.
  4. Haiyore! Nyaruko-san :: Not sure why I finished this anime, I didn't like it either. Aliens, fan service, harem, generic. That's pretty much it.
  5. ZETMAN :: ZETMAN is a pretty good anime in my opinion. It's one that's more on the serious side. I like how 'justice' played quite a big role in the storyline, how one percepts it. The two 'heroes' that has different views on what justice is. I'd recommend this.
  6. Jormungand :: I never thought I'd pick this anime up when it was first announced. But I'm really glad I did. One of the animes that surprised me! It was a perfect mix of comedy, action, and even political issues involved. The story revolves around a group of arms dealer. Koko, their leader is a genius/dragon? (If you watched it then you'll know why she's a dragon haha). You won't regret watching this anime! 
  7. Medaka Box :: Just for kicks I watched this too. If you like over-the-top, fan service, boobie animes then do watch this. 
  8. Sakamichi no Apollon :: This is another anime that surprised me! It looked like a slow-paced slice of life anime. But I have to say this is really good. It involves jazz music, love, friendship, hardships. - Mostly friendship. I have no words to describe it any further. Just watch it! You won't regret it~
  9. Tsuritama :: Now this is an anime i didn't expect to pick up. Aliens, fishing, crazy aliens. Ahaha. I have to say it was pretty decent though some parts moved too slow for me. 
  10. Acchi Kocchi :: This is a good anime to pass time. (Comedy/Slice of life) If you liked Lucky Star, Nichijou, then you'll probably like this. It's pretty far-fetched but that makes it hilarious :3
  11. Sankarea :: This one was really disappointing that I dropped it after 7 episodes. I love zombies but I guess in animes, it's boring. 
  12. Natsuiro Kiseki :: I've had my issues with the animation quality, it's also one of the animes I thought I would drop but I managed to finish it and it was still pretty interesting. Four girls being able to make wishes to a big rock? A summer that never ends? This is still pretty enjoyable if you've run out of animes to watch haha.
  13. Shining Hearts :: I didn't know whether to list this anime out, since I dropped it after only ONE episode. Maybe I put my hopes too high for this and it disappointed me after just one episode. (゜´Д`゜)
  14. Accel World :: So far only 13 episodes has been released (24 in total) but it's a really good anime. I don't like the main guy in the series but overall, it is a good anime. Virtual reality world, battles, ugh, me love. 
  15. Fate/Zero (season 2) :: I should have posted about Fate/Zero long ago on my blog when it first came out. Since I've been raving about it IRL and online to my friends. (〃 ̄ω ̄〃ゞ It was a god-tier anime. The music OST, animation quality, storyline, script, everything was amazing. This is a MUST WATCH.
Wow I actually picked up quite a number of animes... But those were my short thoughts~ 
PS. Do pick up Fate/Zero. You must watch it.

Labels: , ,

Leave a comment here or the chatbox.



« Older posts | Newer posts »