ʟᴀʏᴏᴜᴛ ʙʏ © ᴍ ᴏ ᴄ ʜ ᴀ

Destination Unknown

Welcome to my blog.



Intro

Personal blog of Yuuiki.
May be filled with random crap. musings, daily life, gaming.
Loves: Gackt, Kalafina, Jessie J, gaming, spicy stuff. Dislikes: Sweets, stupidity



Tagboard



Twitter

Layout by TKH | Background from Ixora

World Cosplay Summit Malaysia 2012

Alrighty, I missed ACM (Asia Cosplay Meet) yesterday but I attended WCS (World Cosplay Summit) today. The crowd was pretty decent not too big but still quite a lot showed up. 

The event started at 1pm, but at that time I was still changing and putting on makeup. Thankfully we have our dear servant Ryanne taking the camera around to take pictures as Weiss and I were too busy to take any ourselves. So the photos courtesy of Ryanne and Weiss' camera!

At 2pm, the performances started. I'm sorry but I can't tell what anime the first skit is from. The other groups included Fate/Prototype, Crisis Core - Genesis and Sephiroth's fight scene, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Metal Gear Rising- Raiden and Rex and finally Harvest Moon.

The Fate/Prototype group did pretty well. Their fight scene choreography was pretty well planned out. Though the part where the backdrop fell, they managed to 'cover up'... decently? haha.
As for the Crisis Core skit, it was pretty sad due to their props problem. Probably a lot of marks were deducted from there, sword broke in half pretty early, the 'Jenova'? I think couldn't move as they wanted it to. I have to mention, the Sephiroth is soooooo tiny hahaha. ChibiSephy.

There was a short break after the three performances. Went to get some drinks at Chatime, of course it's usually interesting when people stare at you when you're walking around. haha. Takes a little to get used to but I guess it's not the first time.

Final Fantasy XIII-2, hmm the overall was so-so. One of the more epic scenes was when Lightning actually climbed up to a mini stage there (part of their prop) and jumped down to attack from high. Exciting stuff!
Metal Gear Rising, or now known as Revengeance was alright. Just a fight scene of Raiden with Rex and trying to reveal Rex's identity, which had a slight comedic approach to it. Made the audience laugh so that's always a plus.
Last but not least, the Harvest Moon group. The crowd loved them, one of the reasons was probably because everyone knew about this classic game and played it. The whole theme they were going for in their skit were comedic. I think they were the crowd favorite. 

The winners of this year's WCS was the Metal Gear Rising group with Raiden and Rex so the will be attending WCS in Nagoya! Congrats to them. Personally, I would have picked the Final Fantasy XIII-2 group or the Fate/Prototype group, but I guess the judges liked Raiden better.

Later on there was a small competition for the cosplayers that attended. So many Vocaloids, which I think are overrated. I really liked the Lamento cosplay but she didn't win, that's just sad. Or they're blind! 
That's pretty much how the event went. Sorry I'm such a lazy blogger that I don't want to arrange the pictures associated with the paragraph I'm writing. But the photos are in order of the day. 






Photos above are the ones before the performances started...  
Ps. I'm in the maid outfit if  you don't know. lol



Three of the performances before the break.


During the break, only 2 pictures lol.




Continuation of the performances and also the cosplay competition.





The rest of the time just walking around and taking pictures with/of cosplayers.

That's all for my WCS report (if it counts as a report? LOL)

Labels: , , , ,

Leave a comment here or the chatbox.



« Older posts | Newer posts »